Paul & Deanna Linsley are quiet but compassionate people who model the grace of giving. In recognition of their selfless lives we have established the Linsley Scholarship Fund for young adults pursuing post high school education. There are good reasons for this fund to be established.
According to national statistics, only 3 to 10 percent of foster youth ever graduate from college. Lack of appropriate guidance, insufficient support and financial need are some of the reasons for these dismal figures. It is our hope that the Linsley Fund will affect a positive outcome for some of those within foster care.
The Linsley Scholarship Fund scholarship is awarded based on a combination of merit and need, and funding levels are determined based on cost of attendance and availability of other resources. Awards vary but are expected to range from $1,000 to $3,000 per academic year and are renewable for up to five years if a student remains eligible and funds are available. Scholarships are announced annually in June. Recipients and non-recipients are notified via email, at the email address provided in their online application.
100 percent of every donation made to the Linsley Scholarship Fund goes to helping a young person. And 100 percent of the donation is tax deductible.
The Fund grants tuition and certain approved living expenses for students at community colleges, public and private universities and career programs all across the country. Every gift, whether of $10 or $100,000, makes a profound difference in the lives of foster youth in college.
- $1,500 will provide books and supplies for a student for one year.
- $2,500 will assist a community college student in attending classes for one year.
- $3,000 will assist a vocational student in classes and on the job training for one year.
- $5,000 will assist a university student in attending classes for one year.
To be considered for financial assistance from the Linsley Scholarship Fund, applicants (single and/or married) must:
- Be an active follower of Jesus Christ.
- Be a regular attendee of a Bible believing church.
- Can document a financial need.
- Have been in public or private foster care for the 12 consecutive months prior to their 18th birthday; OR have been adopted or placed into legal guardianship from foster care; OR they must have been orphaned for at least one year at the time of their 18th birthday.
- Have been accepted into or expect to be accepted into an accredited Pell-eligible college, post-secondary school or vocational program.
- Be under the age of 25 on March 31 of the year in which they first apply.
- Have been in foster care or orphaned while living in the United States. U.S. citizenship is required.
- Have completed the Linsley Scholarship Fund application and all supporting documents
We encourage you to support post high school education of foster care students through the Linsley Scholarship Fund. Your donation is tax deductible to the full extent allowed by the law. Please consult your tax consultant should you have any questions. You may send your donation to
A Child’s Hope Int’l
c/o Linsley Scholarship Fund
2430 East Kemper Road
Cincinnati, OH 45241
or you may make an immediate online payment through Paypal below in $50 increments. Once the donation is completed, you will be returned to our site with an acknowledgment. Within a few weeks, you will receive a letter of thanks and a tax statement depending upon the amount of the donation.Your donation will help that special young person achieve their post high school aspirations – they all can use our help.
For a donation of $300 or more to the scholarship fund, we will send you a DVD copy of Courageous as our way of saving thanks! This dramatic film coveys a powerful message of leadership and hope. Highly recommended!
Your donation will help support a student from the foster care system achieve a post high school education. Please make your donation today – and thank you!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call our office at 513-771-2244 or use the quick contact form below.