Now more than ever we need your help because the number of children hurt by hunger and malnutrition is staggering. Although we are providing over 10,000 meals every day we want to double that number over the next few years… and we need your help. More importantly, the children need your help.
Volunteers like you make all of the difference to a hungry child. Keep reading to learn more or Sign Up to Volunteer Now and get started!
Led by inventor Richard Proudfit, the team from Feeding Children International, Cargill, Pillsbury, General Mills and Archer Daniels Midland successfully developed a food mixture comprised of fortified soy, essential vitamins & minerals, vegetables and rice. This food packet can reverse the starvation process, help restore health and improve a child’s physical stature and mental alertness.
There are clear benefits to this affordable food program:
- Vegetarian: Accepted in all cultures.
- Multiple Servings Per Packet: One packet will feed six small children.
- Protein Rich: Each packet contains six 13 gram servings of protein.
- Vitamin & Mineral Fortified: Each serving contains 21 essential vitamins & minerals.
- Global Acceptance: Rice, a globally recognized staple, is used as the base.
- Simple & Safe to Prepare: Boil packet contents in water for twenty minutes.
- Keeps Well: Unopened packet has a shelf-life of three years.
- Affordable: We know of no other food product that is more nutritious or economical.
Our volunteers pack these four ingredients into each Hands Against Hunger food packet. Each of these ingredients serves a very important purpose in helping children recover from malnutrition and saving them from a painful and prolonged death by starvation.
Our reach to children around the world begins in the greater Cincinnati area and extends to many foreign countries. This includes food for Haiti, medical supplies for Zambia, fresh water wells in India, shoes to orphans in the Ukraine and to many countries in between. This is consistent with our orphan care and humanitarian relief bridges of care.
In fact, on average our Hands Against Hunger program is providing over 10,000 meals a day – every day! To read more about the children we serve, click on any of the red pins on the map.