Through this program we envision more people in our communities becoming aware of the hunger crisis and becoming solution providers. Some as sponsors underwriting the supplies needed to produce the food, others as volunteers who will spend making these high protein meals and others as ambassadors sharing the need with companies, small business owners, schools and places of worship. The more we know how hunger hurts kids, the more we can do to remedy the problem.
There are several sponsorship levels from which to choose. Within each level, a sponsor may decide to staff the food production lines with:
- Their family, friends, coworkers, or neighbors
- Their employees
- School students from area schools who want to serve but lack the funds
- Adults from area community centers
Each sponsorship level offers a specific number of volunteer hours. It is recommended that volunteers serve at least 1 hour since each volunteer will produce 200 high protein meals during that 1-hour session.
NUMBER OF VOLUNTEER HOURS = NUMBER OF VOLUNTEERS * HOURS SERVED
- A Friend level sponsor can offer 10 volunteers the opportunity to serve for 1-hour or 5 hours for 2 hours.
- A Partner level sponsor can offer 20 volunteers the opportunity to serve for 2 hours or 40 volunteers for 1-hour
- A Benefactor sponsor can offer 200 school students the opportunity to serve for a 1-hour session producing 40,000 high protein meals